Nippon Piston Ring supplies valve sheets for Audi gasoline/ethanol vehicles.
Nippon Piston Ring increases production of valve sheets used in the engines of bioethanol-powered vehicles designed to emit less carbon dioxide than autos fueled by gasoline. The engine-parts maker will spend ¥500 million ($6.06 million) to expand monthly valve-sheet output at its U.S. plant in Michigan from 2 million units to about 3 million by March 2013. Monthly capacity at a facility in Thailand's Saraburi province, meanwhile, will be raised from 5 million units to 6 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.