Ford Chinese JV paint shops to use rotational dip-coating process.
Dürr develops two paint shops, each with two topcoat lines, for Changan Ford Automotive in Chongqing and Hangzhou, China. The Chongqing plant, with capacity to paint 68 vehicles an hour, goes on line in September 2014. The Hangzhou facility, with per-hour capacity of 60 vehicles, becomes operational in January 2015. In the paint shop at Chongqing, Changan Ford will apply Ford's energy-efficient 3-wet high-solid process that makes it unnecessary to use an oven between painting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.