Hyundai 1.6L T-GDi mill features BorgWarner twin-scroll turbocharger.
BorgWarner supplies its turbocharging technology for Hyundai’s new 1.6L gasoline direct injection (T-GDi) gasoline engine. The engine, available in the U.S. for the Veloster Turbo sport sedan, features a maximum output of 204 hp, a 46% improvement over Hyundai’s standard 1.6L GDI engine. Torque of 199 lb.-ft. (270 Nm) is produced from as low as 1,750 rpm and up to 4,500 rpm. Hyundai integrated its GDi system with BorgWarner’s K03 twin-scroll turbocharger to provide ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.