’14 F-150 Tremor’s EcoBoost engine features ContiTech timing belts.
ContiTech expands its range of timing-belt products as an alternative to chain-driven timing gear for European OEMs and the aftermarket. The supplier says an independent engineering study reveals a belt drive ensures lower fuel consumption than a chain drive and, as a result, reduces carbon-dioxide emissions. Timing belts also are lighter and quieter and resist stretching, which regulates timing more efficiently. “The EcoBoost, Ford’s engine of the year, runs with belts, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.