Use of LEDs cuts weight of S-Class rear climate control system.
Preh develops a rear-climate-control system for the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class. The weight of the system can be reduced by more than 50% to about 7 oz. (200 g), compared with previous models. The difference largely stems from an elaborate light-guide design that allows illumination of the control panel with only 10 light-emitting diodes. The reduction in power requirements allows the omission of large, and consequently heavy, heat sinks, Preh says. Specially designed software manages ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642