ZF supplies axles to nearby BMW plant in Malaysia.
ZF Expands Malaysian Axle Production ZF opens an assembly facility for car-axle sets in the Malaysian city of Kulim, about 220 miles (350 km) north of the capital Kuala Lumpur. About 50 employees initially will assemble completely knocked-down axle sets delivered from other ZF locations for an on-site BMW plant, where the front and rear axles will be installed in several BMW and Mini model ranges. ZF began axle assembly for cars in Thailand five years ago. Malaysia is among the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.