Protean, FAW-Volkswagen JV co-developing rear-drive EV powertrain.
Protean Electric-Motor Technology Tapped for FAW-Volkswagen EV Project Protean Electric will partner with FAW-Volkswagen on an electric-propulsion system designed for a demonstration-vehicle program and eventual production. FAW-VW, a joint venture between the Chinese and German automakers, will create an all-new rear-wheel drivetrain for an all-electric vehicle based on the new Bora compact EV, utilizing two Protean in-wheel motors each producing 75 kW (100 hp) of peak power. The motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.