New labor deal clears way for $225 million Timken plant expansion.
Timken says a new labor agreement with the United Steelworkers clears the way for it to proceed with a $225 million investment at its Faircrest steel plant in Stark County, Ohio. The maker of bearings, gears and related components says the project will improve productivity, expand product range and increase capacity to meet the growing demand for its specialty alloy-steel bars. Timken says a new ladle refiner and large-bloom continuous caster are central to the productivity gains ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.