Volvo enlists local supplier for lightweighting mission.
Supplier Aiding Volvo’s Adoption of Aluminum ProfilGruppen will supply Volvo Cars with several thousand tons of aluminum extrusion profiles starting in 2015. ProfilGruppen, a Swedish supplier of customized aluminum extrusions and components, will invest SK15 million ($2.3 million) in an automated machining cell as part of the contract. “Volvo Cars’ high demands on us as a supplier will contribute to our technical development,” ProfilGruppen CEO Anders Frisinger ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.