RAV4 EV developed at Toyota Technical Center, source of many patents.
Toyota Claims Top Spot in 2012 Patents Issued to Auto Makers Toyota companies are granted 1,491 patents by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2012, more than any other auto maker. Affiliates of the Japanese auto maker received 30% more patents in 2012 than the previous year, a survey by the Intellectual Property Owners Assn. shows. The Michigan-based Toyota Technical Center’s more than 1,100 employees are engaged in engineering design, vehicle evaluation, materials ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Technology Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.