Toyota turns self-driving Lexus loose on streets of Tokyo.
Don’t Fall Asleep Yet: Toyota Says Autonomous Car Assists Driver Toyota tests a prototype car equipped with the automaker's latest self-driving technology in Tokyo, demonstrating the vehicle's ability to cope with winding roads and heavy traffic. The technology, combining an advanced lane-keeping system with vehicle-to-vehicle wireless communication, is designed to enhance safety by reacting to hard braking by the car ahead of it more quickly than a human driver could, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Technology Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.