Lexus LFA features Aisin AI manual gearbox.
TOKYO – It is one of the auto industry’s best-kept secrets. Virtually unknown outside the industry, Aisin AI is Japan's leading manufacturer of manual transmissions. Its main customer is Toyota, whose affiliated suppliers include Aisin Seiki, parent company of the transmission maker. The Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ and Lexus LFA, among the sportiest of sporty cars in Japan, all feature transmissions made by Aisin AI. In addition to Toyota, the company supplies Mazda and Mitsubishi ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Transmission Maker Aisin AI Shifts Into High Gear" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.