Valeo considers electric supercharger cost-competitive hybrid solution.
TROY, MI – French supplier Valeo says it will deliver its first electric supercharger for a diesel vehicle to be sold in Europe in 2016 with a 48V electrical system, and a second application will be geared to boost fuel economy. Asked whether the electric supercharger will appear in the U.S. afterward, Jean-François Tarabbia, Valeo’s group senior vice president-research and development, tells journalists he is convinced it will, “and we will probably produce it in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Valeo Launching Two Electric Superchargers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.