Suppliers must respond quickly to changing OEM needs.
The increasing variance of specifications in OEM demand is making planning more challenging for suppliers. A survey by Derby, U.K.-based emergency-logistics specialist Evolution Time Critical shows after a decade of efficiency improvements through stock optimization, warehousing of components is on the increase. The survey shows OEMs’ growing production flexibility in response to customer demand has led to the requirement of larger stocks. “A high diversification of special ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Varying Specs Pose Logistics Challenge for Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.