Strasbourg plant to phase out GM transmission production after 2014.
PARIS – General Motors is on the point of selling its GM Strasbourg transmission plant in eastern France to Punch Metals International, a private company based in Belgium that, unlike the auto maker, has managed to find a future product for the plant. Punch Metals plans to build an 8-speed automatic transmission for ZF Friedrichshafen starting in 2014, the year that GM’s commitment to buy 200,000 transmissions annually runs out. No figures have been released, and the sale is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Looks Set to Sell French Transmission Plant to Belgium Firm" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.