TRW plans mid-2012 production launch of bio-based airbag material.
TRW develops an environmentally friendly range of driver airbag modules made of regenerative plastic material. The modules’ components, including the airbag cover and retainer plate, are made from the new, bio-based product. The material reduces the vehicle’s “interior emissions” – gases that are released at low levels from new materials, particularly at high temperatures, says Manuel Poyant, TRW core engineering manager-driver airbags and steering-wheel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.