By Peter Henderson LOS ANGELES, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Watch out in that little Prius! General Motors Corp may drive Toyota Motor Corp's environmentally-friendly sedan off the green carpet this year, giving stars rides to the Oscars -- in sports utility vehicles. Driving a Prius hybrid has become the standard way for Hollywood stars to flaunt their environmental credentials. But GM says more than 75 will get to the Academy Awards this weekend in SUVs that run on ethanol, have hybrid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SUVs race the Prius to Oscar green carpet" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.