MUMBAI, Dec 20 (Reuters) - Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp expects to make its Indian unit a major production hub and pursue an aggressive strategy to retain its dominant market share in India, the unit's new managing director said on Thursday. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd , in which Suzuki owns 54.2 percent, earlier this month said it would make 150,000 units of the new A-Star hatchback in its Manesar plant in northern India from October 2008 and export them to Europe first. The company, which is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki aims to make India car unit production hub" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.