BUDAPEST, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp plans to lay off 1,179 of the 5,523 workers at its Hungarian unit, national news agency MTI said on Friday, citing a company document. It said the job cuts would take effect on Dec. 8 when the factory will scale down output to two shifts due to a sharp fall in orders. No one at Suzuki's Hungarian unit was immediately available for comment. (Reporting by Gergely Szakacs; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki to lay off 1,179 workers in Hungary -report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.