TOKYO, June 27 (Reuters) - Suzuki Motor Corp said on Monday it has agreed to buy 1.6 litre diesel engines from Fiat's powertrain unit to mount on a new car to be built in Hungary from 2013. The Japanese automaker has been buying 2.0 litre diesel engines from Fiat Powertrain Technologies since 2006 for the SX4 made in Hungary. Suzuki also produces 1.3 litre diesel engines under licence from Fiat Powertrain Technologies in India. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki: to use Fiat diesel engines for new car from 2013" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.