KOLKATA, India, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Suzuki Motor Corp's Indian bike unit, which is set to launch its first scooter in mid-October, aims to sell 70,000 scooters in the next 12 months, a senior company official said on Friday. "Strong demand for mid-sized scooters as a transport medium and new products will fuel growth," Atul Gupta, vice president of sales & marketing at Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Ltd, told reporters at a news conference.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki's India unit aims to sell 70,000 scooters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.