MUMBAI, Dec 31 (Reuters) - Swaraj Mazda rose as much as 8.8 percent after Sumitomo Corp agreed to raise its stake in the Indian truck maker to 53.52 percent by buying out the equity share held by Punjab Tractors . The shares opened up 5.4 percent and at 10:01 a.m. were trading 6.7 percent higher at 219.75 rupees on the BSE. The Japanese firm will buy 14.04 percent stake held by Punjab Tractors, a unit of India's top utility vehicle and tractor maker Mahindra & Mahindra , for 272 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Swaraj Mazda up on Sumitomo plan to raise stake in co" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.