ZURICH, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Swiss campaigners launched a bid on Monday to ban off-roaders, SUVs and gas-guzzling executive and sports cars, winning enough support for a referendum. The Young Green party said on Monday in a statement, it had turned in 120,000 verified signatures gathered in support of a referendum, to be held within 18 months. A spokesman for the Federal Chancellery said it will now check the signatures, although the 100,000 valid signatures necessary to call a referendum ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Swiss to vote on SUV ban" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642