FRANKFURT, July 23 (Reuters) - Financial investors could acquire Volkswagen , break it up and sell off the pieces, Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder told the Braunschweiger Zeitung in an interview published on Saturday. When asked what protects Europe's largest carmaker from a takeover, the VW CEO said: "Little. The biggest protection is the fact that no rival may acquire the company due to antitrust reasons with the exception of Toyota . "But investors could take stakes with the aim ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Takeover threat looms at VW, says its CEO-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.