MUMBAI, June 26 (Reuters) - India's Tata Motors may consider more job cuts and plant shutdowns for the Jaguar and Land Rover unit, a top official said on Friday. "There has already been 2,000 job losses. We may be looking at more job losses, more plant shutdowns," Vice Chairman Ravi Kant told a news conference, adding it would depend on how the market situation evolved. Earlier, Tata Motors reported a consolidated net loss for the year ended March 2009 of 25.05 billion rupees ($520 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tata Motors says may see more job losses at JLR" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.