All-electric i3 uses 2-cyl. ICE to maintain battery charge.
TURIN – BMW will add a 1.0L 2-cyl. engine to its upcoming range of new modular diesel and gasoline-powered internal combustion engines. The German automaker is preparing to unveil new 3-cyl., 4-cyl. and 6-cyl. powerplants. The lineup is expected to range in size from 0.8L to 3.0L, with maximum power matching what is now available in bigger, heavier V-8 engines. Sources tell WardsAuto one of the earliest applications of the 2-cyl. engine under development is for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Plans New 2-Cyl. Modular Engine for Mini Hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642