Engineer points to stator component of motor contained within electric-vehicle wheel.
PARIS – Schaeffler and Ford engineers are building their second prototype of an electric vehicle whose motors are within the wheels. The first prototype, shown last spring, was based on a standard Ford Fiesta. “The technology is all there now,” says Thomas Flebig, head of systems engineering on the project for Schaeffler. “It works. We are trying to bring it into production.” To reach series production, he says, Schaeffler needs to bring down the cost of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Engineer: EV Wheels Housing Motors Ready to Roll" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642