Japan’s JATCO supplying first automatics for 42-year-old Lada brand.
VIENNA – Sales of theLada Granta low-cost sedan equipped with an automatic transmission will start in Russia in the coming weeks. For AvtoVAZ, which has manufactured more than 27 million Ladas since 1970, the latest move means a small revolution, as the Granta is the auto maker’s first car equipped with an automatic transmission. AvtoVAZ is using4-speed automatic transmissions sourced from JATCO for small front-wheel-drive vehicles. For the Japanese supplier, the AvtoVAZ ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"First Ladas With Automatic Gearboxes Coming to Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642