Lexus IS displays real-time traffic and weather information via HD radio.
The all-new ’14 Lexus IS sports sedan is the first vehicle to offer high-definition radio with subscription-free, real-time traffic and weather information, but it won’t be the last, according to Ibiquity, the developer of HD radio technology. Ibiquity Chief Operating Officer Jeff Jury notes a number of auto makers are currently considering adding the technology to new models, declining to name the OEMs. “The economics of using radio stations for new digital content ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus First to Stream Live Data Via HD Radio" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642