SHANGHAI, Feb 23 (Reuters) - China's Tengzhong is weighing the option of using an offshore investment vehicle to buy General Motors' [GM.UL] Hummer brand if it cannot get regulatory approval for the transaction, a source close to the deal said on Tuesday. Chances of securing regulatory approval for the deal by Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co have dimmed in recent weeks, sources told Reuters earlier this month. (Reporting by Fang Yan and Jacqueline Wong)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tengzhong may buy Hummer via offshore vehicle -source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.