* Electric carmaker claims race with Lotus Elise was faked * Says BBC show broadcast lies, misinformation about Roadster * BBC says stands by show and will vigorously defend claim By Stefano Ambrogi LONDON, March 30 (Reuters) - American electric carmaker Tesla Motors Inc said on Wednesday it is suing the BBC's hit motoring show Top Gear for allegedly faking a race between its electric sports car and a petrol-driven Lotus Elise. The firm said it issued a writ in London's High Court ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tesla says sues BBC's Top Gear over Roadster race" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.