By Stefano Ambrogi LONDON, March 30 (Reuters) - American electric car maker Tesla Motors said on Wednesday it is suing the BBC's hit motoring show "Top Gear" for allegedly faking a race between its electric sports car and a petrol-driven Lotus Elise. The firm said it issued a writ in London's High Court on Tuesday claiming defamation and malicious falsehood over a show, aired two years ago, that supposedly tested its Roadster Sport. It is the latest row to engulf the often ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tesla sues "Top Gear" over electric car race" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642