* Tesla throws open factory doors to customers * CEO Musk enlists customers as advocates * Musk announces faster Model S (Corrects paragraph 13 to show that customer was referring to Chrysler 300, not Chevrolet 300; clarifies in paragraph four that Model S 2012 production run is sold out) By Sarah McBride FREMONT, Calif. (Reuters) - Electric carmaker Tesla Motors threw open its factory doors to customers who have preordered its forthcoming Model S sedan Saturday evening. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tesla wannabe owners get a gander at Model S Sedan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.