Fitch believes part of the reason for NAV's decision to source away from CMI was due to CMI's decision to use Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology to comply with 2010 emissions standards (0.2 NOx [g/hp-hr] down from 1.2 in 2007) versus NAV's strategy of relying on Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) technology. NAV is the only engine producer that is relying solely on EGR technology to comply with the new emissions standards. In the future CMI would like to regain NAV as a major ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TEXT-Fitch affirms Cummins Inc=2" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.