(The following statement was released by the ratings agency) Sept 22 - Fitch Ratings has downgraded the Issuer Default Rating (IDR) of General Motors (GM) by one notch to 'CCC' from 'B-', due to diminishing liquidity and lack of access to capital. In Fitch's previous downgrade, Fitch stated that diminished capacity to refinance short-term maturities, or Fitch projections that GM would drop below $15 billion in cash could be cause for further downgrades. Fitch believes that GM would reach ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TEXT-Fitch cuts General Motors to 'CCC'" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.