(The following statement was released by the ratings agency). LONDON, Jan 21 - Fitch Ratings, the international rating agency, said today that European carmakers face increasing competition from Asian manufacturers increasing their penetration of the European market, sluggish demand and an increase in choice and supply, which will force price cuts to combat competitive pressures. In a report published today, entitled "The Road Ahead - The Outlook for the European Automotive Sector in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TEXT-Fitch reports on challenges facing European carmakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.