(The following statement was released by the ratings agency) NEW YORK, Sept 22 - With U.S. light-vehicle industry demand surprisingly strong in recent months, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said in a report published today that industry sales in full-year 2003 would be about even with the robust sales of 2002. "Heavy discounting has been an important factor supporting industry sales," said Standard & Poor's credit analyst Scott Sprinzen. "As general economic growth ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TEXT-S&P issues industry report on global automakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.