BANGKOK, April 28 (Reuters) - Thailand's auto production is expected to halve from April 18 to June following Japan's March 11 earthquake and tsunami, the Industry Ministry said on Thursday. Output will be cut by 150,000 units in May and June, it said in a statement, without elaborating. Last week, Toyota's Thai unit said it planned to cut production for over a month due to supply disruptions. [ID:nL3E7FM0GR]. (Reporting by Boontiwa Wichakul)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai auto output to halve mid-April to June - govt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.