By Adam Pasick NEW YORK, Aug 27 (Reuters) - For Ford Motor Co , shutting down a Web site that was critical of corporate America was job one. Ford objected to an item on the site on layoffs at the company, titled, "Ford, where finding a job is job one," arguing that it infringed on the trademark of its slogan, "Ford, where quality is job one." The automaker's lawyers threatened to sue the company's Internet service provider, Hostcentric, after which the site was taken off-line. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Threat of Ford lawsuit shutters job-cut Web site" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.