Thyssen close to sealing Daimler parts JV-source


FRANKFURT, June 27 (Reuters) - German industrial group ThyssenKrupp AG is close to sealing a deal to build steering systems in a joint venture with carmaking giant DaimlerChrysler , an industry source said on Friday. Thyssen will take a 60 percent stake in the joint venture with Daimler's Mercedes-Benz Lenkungen GmbH steering business, the source said. Daimler will hold the remaining 40 percent, although Thyssen will have an option to buy out the rest of the stake in 2005. "On the time ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Thyssen close to sealing Daimler parts JV-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For pricing and subscription information please contact
Amber McLincha by email: or phone: (248) 799-2622

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

WardsAuto Blogs
Aug 28, 2014

Why Young People Shun Auto Industry 4

The difference today is automakers have stopped selling the dream in favor of selling the deal. Dream cars disappeared decades ago, and concept cars are merely production cars with the door handles and side mirrors removed....More
Aug 25, 2014

Finally, Voice of Reason

The concept of an autopilot is not new, particularly in aerospace. But Owens notes even the airline industry has never crossed that threshold by placing hundreds of lives solely in the digital hands of a computer....More
Aug 21, 2014

Michigan, Great Lakes Region Still Core of North American Production

The Great Lakes Region is well-positioned to remain a North American production hub for years, perhaps well into the next decade....More

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×