May 28 (Reuters) - The European Commission called a meeting of European trade and economy ministers for Friday to discuss the future of carmaker Opel and its plants in Europe. [ID:nLS81672] [ID:nLR4049] [ID:nLS235317] Here is a summary of recent events at Opel, founded in 1863 and bought by GM in 1929: Nov. 2008 - Opel asks Germany for state loan guarantees. Feb. 2009 - GM presents restructuring plan to the U.S. government, puts its Swedish unit Saab up for sale and says it will need ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TIMELINE-Attempts to secure future of carmaker Opel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.