Dec 23 (Reuters) - U.S. carmaker Ford said on Wednesday it expected to close a deal to sell its Swedish Volvo unit to China'a Geely in the second quarter of 2010, and it had settled all substantive commercial terms of the agreement. For a main story, click on [ID:nLDE5BM0VB] The move is the latest in a series of contacts this year between Western carmakers and Chinese companies, as big brands seek to restructure to ride out the recession and the Chinese look to raise their global ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TIMELINE-China carmakers eye global brands" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.