Nov 3 (Reuters) - The board of General Motors [GM.UL] has opted to keep Opel, undoing months of negotiations to sell the European unit to a Russian-backed group led by Canada's Magna . [ID:nN03518816] Founded in 1863 and bought by GM in 1929, following is a timeline of events at Opel in the last year: November 2008 - Asks Germany for state loan guarantees. March 4, 2009 - GM Europe head Carl-Peter Forster says Opel could slash 3,500 jobs and relaunch as an independent company. April ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TIMELINE-GM's plans for its Opel unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642