Nov 24 (Reuters) - General Motors [GM.UL] has slightly lowered its target for job cuts at struggling European unit Opel and will present its new recovery plan to Opel's labour leaders on Wednesday. [ID:nGEE5AN0ND] Founded in 1863 and bought by GM in 1929, following is a timeline of events at Opel in the past year: Nov. 2008 - Asks Germany for state loan guarantees. April 28, 2009 - Canadian-Austrian firm Magna International Inc outlines offer for Opel. May 20 - GM Europe says three ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TIMELINE-GM's plans for its Opel unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.