May 29 (Reuters) - Canadian car parts group Magna has reached a preliminary deal with General Motors to invest in its German unit Opel, sources close to the negotiations told Reuters on Friday. [ID:nLT424201] Here is a summary of recent events at Opel, founded in 1863 and bought by GM in 1929: Nov. 2008 - Opel asks Germany for state loan guarantees. Feb. 2009 - GM presents restructuring plan to the U.S. government, puts its Swedish unit Saab up for sale and says it will need to cut ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TIMELINE-Hope for Opel as sources say Magna reaches deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.