June 30, (Reuters) - Belgium-based RHJ International , a former Opel suitor, moved closer to buying into the company after talks between parent General Motors and preferred bidder Magna International hit snags, the Financial Times reported. Here is a summary of recent events at Opel, founded in 1863 and bought by GM in 1929: Nov. 2008 - Opel asks Germany for state loan guarantees. March 4 - GM Europe head Carl-Peter Forster says Opel could slash 3,500 jobs and relaunch as an independent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TIMELINE-Opel's partnership talks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.