May 27 (Reuters) - Germany is aiming to narrow the field of bidders for General Motors unit Opel at a meeting on Wednesday evening, and reach a deal to provide bridge financing should its U.S. parent file for bankruptcy. [ID:nLR259691] Chancellor Angela Merkel's government has been considering offers from Italy's Fiat , Canadian-Austrian supplier Magna International and Belgium-listed industrial holding RHJ International [nLQ504264] China's BAIC submitted a late bid on Tuesday. GM is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TIMELINE-Recent events in the Opel sale story" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.