(This is part of a special report on Toyota which can be seen in full at: [ID:nN24250645]) DETROIT, March 25 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp has recalled more than 8.5 million vehicles worldwide, two-thirds of which were to address the risk that floormats may entrap accelerator pedals and cause unintended acceleration. Before launching a full-blown recall in November 2009 to fix the pedal, Toyota had warned dealers in 2007 -- and again in 2008 -- of the risk floormats could jam ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TIMELINE-Toyota warned of floormat risk since 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642