Dec 19 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury said on Wednesday it will sell 200 million shares in General Motors Co and divest the rest of its holdings over the next 12 to 15 months, ending public ownership of the company rescued by taxpayers in 2009. GM's $50 billion bailout comprised of nearly $7 billion in direct loans and $43 billion in bailout cash and bankruptcy aid. The following is a timeline of events: January 2009: GM receives ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TIMELINE-US sells stake in GM, will return to private ownership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.