ISTANBUL, March 22 (Reuters) - Turkish carmaker Tofas posted a net profit of 81.88 million lira ($59 million) last year, down 42 percent from a year earlier as tax payments rose sharply. According to results published on the Istanbul Stock Exchange website, Tofas' net sales rose 20 percent to three billion lira last year. Pretax profit climbed nine percent to 178.6 million lira. The fall in net profit reflected a 339 percent rise in tax payments to 96.7 million lira. A legislative ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tofas 2006 net profit down 42 percent as tax rises" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.