* Stocks battered on fears rescue will fall short * U.S. to launch bank rescue program Wednesday * Japan to consider buying stocks directly * U.S. government may boost Citi stake - source (For more on the financial crisis, click [nCRISIS]) WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - The United States vowed to prop up ailing banks if needed, with the government set to take a bigger stake in Citigroup and inject yet more cash into insurer AIG, even as a Federal Reserve official urged that such ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TOPWRAP 1-World on edge as U.S. slumps towards bank aid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.